THE BELOW CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY ZAMBHALA
Seventy Event Media Group presents
Zambhala: India’s first yoga, music & lifespirit festival
Mumbai, 31st July: Seventy Event Media Group announced the launch of Zambhala - India’s first Yoga, Music& LifeSpirit festival. Zambhala is an annual Festival that brings together the best Yoga experts, Spiritual teachers, practitioners and healers from India and across the world. It is a curated mix of live entertainment, spirituality, music and dance.
The first edition of Zambhala will be held on 21st and 22nd December 2013 at Bardo, Morjim in festive Goa. The festival will showcase the best of Yoga teachers that India and the western world have to offer – practitioners from world-renowned schools such as the BKS Iyengar Yoga School to the Mysore Ashtanga Yoga Institute. A person can opt to melt away their stress in a Hatha Yoga class or relax to a Yoga Nidra class taught in the style of the Bihar School of Yoga. The line-up of international practitioners include some of the world’s best yoga teachers – Jehangir Palkhivala and Deepika Mehta from India, Eoin Finn from Canada, Janet Stone from California and Duncan Wong who has previously taught Madonna, Bjork and Sting.
Visitors are able to seek peace, solace and engage in a multitude of activities like choosing from 5 different kinds of yoga, Sufi whirling, Shamanism, Learning & knowing mind, body & soul and Crystal healing. The two-day festival will also feature workshops on different mediation techniques, chanting, group channeling and astro-gazing. Visitors at Zambhala can participate in various group activities or one-on-one sessions with healers and practitioners.
Estimates of the number of global yoga practitioners are as high as 250 million.The Percent increase on yoga product spending over the last 5 years is 87 %, with the average annual increase of the number of people who practice yoga at 20 %.
Seventy Event Media Group CEO, Martin daCosta said: “Zambhala is an answer to the question that so many of us are asking. How to grow, strengthen, and build ourselves in this life. Zambhala will be the largest gathering of Yoga teachers, spiritual experts, musicians, dancers - all brought together in what we'd like to build into the largest Yoga, Music and Life Spirit Festival in India. India is the spiritual home of Yoga and the search for personal enlightenment and it's incredibly exciting to create the Zambhala Festival here. In a sense, we are building India's Glastonbury Festival - with Yoga and Spirituality at the heart of it.”
Also Present will be Indian and international yoga teachers, artists,authors, performers, nutritionists, fitness instructors and even a Shaolin monk. While keeping to the essence of a yoga & life spirit festival, Zambhala has included a line up of musical performances that begin in the afternoon and carry on into the night.It is a celebration of dance and music, of art and expression.
Curtain raiser and awareness events will be conducted in major parts of the country right from now leading to the festival in December.
Out of over 70 speakers and teachers who will be part of Zambhala some of them are:
1. Ven. Geshe Lhakdor-la, Director Library of Tibetan Works and Archives and former translator to the Dalai Lama.
2. Jehangir Palkhivala, Deepika Mehta, Falguni Harkisandas, Nityatara Raina and others from India.
3. Key teachers from The Bihar School of Yoga, The Yoga Institute in Mumbai and the Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga School.
4. Eoin Finn, one of the world’s most renowned Yoga teachers – a Canadian and a Surfer.
5. Duncan Wong – Yoga Guru to Madonna, Bjork and Sting. He combines Yoga and martial arts.
6. The Life Spirit line up will see Shamans from Peru, Healers from across India, Mediums, Channels, Doctors - each bringing an opportunity to the guest to come and see what resonates with them in terms of healing and spiritual connect.
7. Anahata Menon, Zia Nath, Dr. Coomi Vevaina, Irma Battig, Bindu Maira, Sohrab Ardeshir, Krishna Khunti & Veechi Shahi are some key figure in our Life Spirit line-up.
8. 2 Sufi masters - Sheikh Tayyar from Istanbul and Haji Syed Salman Chishty of Ajmer Sharif will also be present to talk on Sufism.
9. The festival will also have lots of Art, music and dance workshops, healing with gongs, sound therapy, painting workshops, and tapping into your higher self to express through poetry and paintings – to name a few.
10. Talks by Authors & Experts like Ruzbeh Bharucha and Mickey Mehta bring their expertise and life coaching skills to Zambhala.
About the Seventy Event Media Group
70 EMG is globally recognized as one of India’s largest and most important Festival planners and producers. Responsible for the management of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival in Mumbai with over 650,000 visitors, the AAAI GoaFest for South Asia’s Advertising community, and Channel V’s Nokia IndiaFest – India’s largest College Festival - 70 EMG has created and managed some of India’s greatest Festival parties over the last decade.
70 EMG has pioneered the development of Festival design in India, and is proud to have created India Bike Week – a Biker’s Festival for Bikers, by Bikers earlier in 2013. Zambhala marks the second festival and IP that 70 EMG has launched in 2013.
More information on 70 EMG’s Award Winning Events & Festival projects can be found on www.seventyemg.com.
For Further Information:
Piya Roy: +91 9820740379 firstname.lastname@example.org
Firdaus Shaikh: +91 9049980551 email@example.com