MORJIM BEACH HIGHLIGHTS
- Morjim Beach is most renowned for the Olive Ridley turtles that have their nesting ground here. The Morjim residents have named the strong breeze that blows here " the turtle wind" as it often attracts these distinctive turtles. The wind also attracts kite-surfers, who have made Morjim Beach their northern hub!
- "Net pullers" have become another distinctive feature on Morjim Beach. These men make their living from netting fish, which they later dry and sell as palm fertilizer.
EAT & DRINK
There are several beach shacks and restaurants on Morjim beach that serve delectable meals, especially seafood and fresh fruit juices. Also, in Morjim are a handful of charming garden restaurants and chic beach-side eateries that we recommend you try!
- Marbela Beach: The chicest spot this side of the river, fabulous sunset spot & pizza. See their WUG page
- Il Capriccio: An Italian garden restaurant serving "proper" Italian food! See their WUG page
- Jardin d'Ulysse: A charming garden restaurant with an eclectic menu
- Seahorse: A simple road-side restaurant serving simple, yet quality, food
- Spice Corner: A corner restaurant; a must try: their Indian food!
PLACES TO STAY
- - Marbela Beach Resort: Luxury tents set in a stylish beach-front resort. See their WUG page.
- - Ku: Am intimate & zen-like resort with 2 stunning wooden huts.
- - Montego Bay Resort: Choice of A.C Rooms, log cabins & tents.
- - Camp 69: Log huts across Morjim beach.