Baga Beach may arguably be one Goa's most popular beaches that teams with tourists practically all year round. The beach offers a plethora of options from those looking for some action, from your choice of water-sport, to several large sea-food restaurants and a pulsating (albeit more commercial) nightlife. The beach is located 9 kilometers from Mapusa (16 kilometers from Panaji) and ends where Calangute begins. Just off the main Baga Beach strip are several chic restaurants and designer boutiques, for those who prefer things more refined.
EAT & DRINK
- - BRITTO's on Baga Beach" a tourist favourite & our pick for delicious (and generous) seafood platters!
- - LE POISSON ROUGE, Baga Creek: One of North Goa's nicest restaurants serving French/French fusion cuisine in a charming garden ambiance. See their WUG page
- - TITO'S COURTYARD @ Tito's Lane: A chic al-fresco restaurant with an extensive multi-cuisine menu. See their WUG page
- - FIESTA, Tito's Lane: Considered one of Baga's best restaurants.
- - CASA PORTUGUESA, Baga - Calangute Beach Road: Portuguese cuisine in a charming Indo-Portuguese house.
SEE & DO
- - WATER-SPORTS @ Baga Beach: Para-sailing for around $25; wake-boarding for $15, windsurfing for $10, kite surfing for $45, jet ski ride for $12.
- - PARTY @ TITO'S: Goa's legendary party spot, with several dance-floors playing individual music, this club draws tourists from across the globe! See their WUG Page
- - CASA BAGA, a stylish boutique hotel by the Casa Group.
- - COLONIA SANTA MARIA, a large hotel set in a palatial colonial house with a sprawling garden that leads right up to Baga beach.