The wines are made from grapes grown at Nashik and Dindori estates, as well as from those sourced from local farmers operating under the guidance of Sula’s team of experts.
Their finest wine, the Rasa Shiraz leads a rich and satisfying range of reds, including the flagship Dindori Reserve Shiraz, the Zinfandel, Cabernet Shiraz and Merlot - Malbec - all beautifully crafted to accompany both Indian and international cuisine.
From India’s first Sauvignon Blanc & Chenin Blanc, to their famous Dindori Reserve Viognier and the recently launched Riesling, we take our white wines very seriously.
Our Sula Zinfandel Rosé is perfect for every summer occasion, and the fruity, easy-drinking Mosaic and Madera Rosé completes our popular rosé line-up.
Made in the true méthode champenoise, the Sula Brut leads the range of sparkling wines. And our lighter Seco suits everyday celebrations.
Sweet wines are typically served with dessert, fruit, or even as an aperitif. Our Late Harvest Chenin Blanc is a wonderful conclusion to any evening.
WELCOME TO SULA VINEYARDS!
The Vineyard and Tasting Room
The winery and vineyards are open to the public for educational tours, and the beautiful Tasting Room invites visitors to enjoy their favourite Sula wines amidst spectacular views of the vineyards and surrounding lakes and hills.
The Restaurant: Soleil by La Plage
Soleil by La Plage is their newest offering. This lovely union of Sula with La Plage, India’s most iconic French restaurant and a magnet for food lovers in Goa, has taken the delectable culinary offering at the vineyards to another level.
Visitors can spend a few nights in paradise at Beyond by Sula – India’s first vineyard resort overlooking a beautiful lake view.The "Beyond Spa" – is the perfect companion to the resort with modern massage rooms, a jacuzzi and exclusive services to pamper guests. Meanwhile, a furnished game and chillout room to keep children and adults busy all day!
The nearby Sula amphitheatre is an impressive location for events and social gatherings and is available for bookings.
Situated 180 km northeast of Mumbai, Nashik is India’s largest grape-growing region, but had traditionally never been used to grow wine grapes. Wondering why, an enterprising, Stanford-trained engineer named Rajeev Samant quit his hi-tech Silicon Valley job in 1993 to do some investigating.
A little research quickly showed that the Nashik climate was not only perfect for wine grapes, but was also on par with winegrowing regions in Spain, California, and Australia. His determination doubled and Rajeev returned to California in search of a winemaker. In Sonoma County he found Kerry Damskey, an eminent Californian winemaker, who enthusiastically agreed to help start a winery on Rajeev’s 30 acre family estate.
In 1997, the duo took the revolutionary step of planting French Sauvignon Blanc and Californian Chenin Blanc, varieties that had never before been planted in India. The first Sula wines, released in 2000, were widely acclaimed as India’s best white wines.
Since its inception, Sula has rapidly established itself as India’s Leading Premium Wine Producer, helping spark a wine revolution that has seen consumption grow at 25% annually and several new wineries come up in the Nashik area. In November 2002, Wine Spectator - the world’s No.1 wine magazine - did a five-page feature on Sula, a proud first for an Indian winery.
A second winery with three times the capacity of the first was completed in late 2004 to keep up with demand, and a third million litre winery started operations in 2006. Sula has expanded from the original 30 acre family estate to about 1,800 acres (owned and contracted) under plantation, both in Nashik as well as in nearby Dindori, India’s upcoming wine region.
Firmly committed to remaining at the forefront of Indian wines, Sula continues to experiment with new varietals, engage in sustainable agriculture, support the local rural economy, and, of course, make wines of outstanding quality and superb value.
PRESS & MEDIA
- Rajeev Samant: India's Wine Boy
- "After a brief stint in Silicon Valley, Rajeev Samant returned home to Nasik to create India's first generation of wine drinkers and a popular brand called Sula" Watch the video here. (more...)
- For that heady Indian FLAVOUR
- "A wine is very personal. What tingles my taste buds might apall yours. The way Sovna Puri speaks, in a pleasantly uninterruptible flow, makes wine seem like an accessory such as a handbag or a perfume." (more...)
- Wine Weekend
- Sula wine and hospitality is perfectly matched with the Audi Q3 on Cardekho.com. (more...)
- Sipping at Sula
- You don't have to be a wine aficionado to know Sula. Of the several dozen wineries in Nashik-the closest thing India has to Bordeaux-no other has the same kind of brand presence as this sizable operation. Click here (more...)
- Wine producers, an endangered species
- Read more about the Indian wine industry. (more...)
- The Chocolate Diva Wine Wednesday with Zeba Kohli at Vinoteca by Sula
- On May 8, everybody’s favourite Chocolate Ambassador Zeba Kohli of Fantasie chocolates hosted a sinfully decadent chocolate themed Wine Wednesday at Vinoteca by Sula. (more...)
- A Grape Toast
- Making wine is easy but making quality wine is extremely difficult --Ajoy Shaw, Vice President - Winemaking (more...)
- Taboo broken as Indian women get taste for drink
- Rising incomes and changing social habits - with more women in the workforce meeting men socially and professionally - have made the difference. (more...)
- WINE TRAILS
- Sula Vineyards is one of the companies that has led Nashik’s transformation from a grape producing region into a serious wine producing region, and has pioneered many classic grape varietals in India including Sauvignon & Chenin Blanc, Zinfandel and the Riesling. (more...)
- Sommelier Sovna Puri on Wine Tasting as a Career Option
- Sula to host 120 Harleys
- 120 Harleys to head to Sula Vineyards, Nashik for their Western HOG Ride. (more...)
- Women Drinkers Gain Acceptance in India
- With more women in the organised workforce, gaining financial independence and interacting with their male counterparts in social and professional settings, the idea of them drinking is slowly gaining acceptance (more...)
- Sula Vineyards feature in Italian Wine Magazine
- Most prestigious and connoisseur-driven Italian magazine Vino Di Vino features Sula Vineyards! (more...)
- Classes with glasses
- Wine started off as being something fancy and cool but now there's genuine interest in wine, " says Sovna Puri, who last month held a WSET recognised Level 1 one-day course in Mumbai. www.timescrest.com (more...)
- Sula in the news in Japan
- The Japanese perception of the Indian Wine Industry www.sankeibiz.jp (more...)
- Watch out for the Tempranillo
- Sula Vineyards set to launch new red wine in India, using Spanish grape Tempranillo which they have harvested for the first time ever in Nashik www.mid-day.com. (more...)
- Savargaon Sulafied
- The advent of Sula Vineyards has brought about a significant change in the lifestyle of the people at Savargaon (more...)
- Drinks companies cheer ladies' nights out in India
- With more women in the organised workforce, gaining financial independence and interacting with their male counterparts in social and professional settings, the idea of them drinking is slowly gaining acceptance. in.reuters.com (more...)
- Sula Vineyards Featured on CCTV International
- Sula Featured on CCTV International (more...)
- "The Assignment" with Rajeev Samant
- First edition of Asian Decanter awards favors French wines
- 26th October 2012 travel.xin.msn.com
- Sandhya Suraj, area sales manager of Sula wines says 'times have changed' 01st November 2012. articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com
- Mumbai’s New Wine Bar – Vinoteca by Sula
- 23rd October 2012 blog.eksms.com
- How Sula got it right
- 01st August 2012 www.thesmartceo.in
- For more News about Sula, please visit their website>>