Set on the high banks of the idyllic backwaters of the River Chapora, in an exclusive architect designed property with verdant tropical gardens, lies the chic-retreat Casa Colvale. Offering sweeping views of the river’s meandering tributaries and lush tropical landscape, twelve luxurious guestrooms, a gorgeous riverside deck, two pools (yes, 2!) and dedicated service, makes this casa hard to beat. Meanwhile, North Goa's beaches, sights and sounds are a mere 20 minutes away by car or by private speedboat!
- Hidden-away in the charming village of Colvale, along the lush tropical banks of the Chapora River in North Goa, Casa Colvale is an idyllic and elegant retreat that is easily accessible by road or water. The village lies 1hr 15min from Goa's Dabolim Airport by road. If you prefer travelling by water, Casa Colvale’s private speedboat can offer easy transfers from the Colvale jetty and Siloim town.
- Meanwhile, the picturesque beaches and charming sights of North Goa are a mere 20 min drive (by car or boat) from the property.
click to enlarge or download image
- The Casa Colvale property comprises twelve guestrooms, including three “favourite" rooms with private sit outs converted verandas. The property also offers a communal riverside deck lounge that is a perfect spot to catch the sunset, to lounge or to dine. This Casa has two pools, the first of which is located at the elevated section of the property with an infinity edge offering stunning views of the backwaters, while the second pool is perched directly over the riverside.
- Casa Colvale's offers twelve spacious bedrooms and “favourite” rooms, each individually styled. Original pieces by Goan artists, antique furnishings and natural hand-woven linens and fabrics make up these charming rooms. Every guest room is accompanied with outdoor sit-outs or private terraces offering stunning views of the backwaters and the abundance of wildlife in the vicinity. The en-suite bathrooms are spacious and modern, and offer fine toiletries of natural products made exclusively for Casa Colvale by Fifth Element.
THE FAVORITE ROOMS
- The three “favourite” rooms offer even more spectacular views, sprawling bathrooms and the following exclusive facilities:
- - LCD flat screen TV with Sky satellite package
- - DVD player
- Casa Colvale offer a lavish complimentary breakfast spread.
- The hotels operates a complete restaurant in the Riverside deck with an eclectic dinner menu, from traditional Goan fare, fresh barbequed seafood and every so often, their tandoor is fired up for North Indian treats. Meals may be enjoyed in the privacy of one’s own sit-out or terrace, by the pool or in the elegant riverside deck-lounge.
- The hotel can also arrange private dinner parties and romantic candle lit dinners along the river.
click to enlarge or download image
- Casa Colvale offers plenty of activities within its premises. The river before the property offers singular opportunities for bird watching and wildlife sightings from buffalos to the occasional crocodile that may be enjoyed from the privacy of your own sit-out, one of the 2 pools or a boat trip in the private speed boat. Yoga classes on the riverside deck or a rejuvenating massage are also on offer.
- For an excursion, the speed boat may be hired to transport you to the many beaches around, while a traditional houseboat trip may also be organized for a more leisurely cruise.
• Spa & massage
• Aqua gym
• Bird watching
• Riverside walks
• Goan cookery classes
Sightseeing (Old Goa, Spice Farms, Jungle, Forts, Panjim)
MI CASA....SU CASA!
- Originally built as the private residence of the owner of The Casa Group, Sheila Doddy, the enchanting property was later converted to a Casa hotel by Ms. Doddy and James Foster, who now run the property jointly.
- The original home has been extended to add additional rooms and another pool, building downhill and culminating with the uber-chic riverside deck at the lowest end of the property that extends over the Chapora river.