- Designed by Goa's own, Charles Correa, Cidade de Goa's award winning architecture is pleasantly provocative, evoking an old-world pageantry. Its meandering hallways, interplaying elevated terraco, overhanging balcaos and cosy green nooks, transports you to an era where life was much slower, gentler and more indulgent.
- Cidade's public spaces display murals by prized Bollywood film poster painters, specially commissioned by Correa, depicting varied historical, mythical, and cinematographic images. The resort's interiors are largely inspired by Goa’s rich cultural heritage, alluding to its Hindu, Muslim and Portuguese history.
- A journey through Cidade is like a stroll through an old beautiful city. You arrive at the main arched gate, move through the various layers, meet figures of history at the lobby like Vasco de Gama, and move on to the rooms and terraces overlooking the beach.
- Today, Cidade de Goa is a 205 room hotel comprising two wings: the Garden Wing and the Bay Wing. The resort offers a range of luxurious rooms and suites:
- • Standard Rooms are meticulously furnished rooms;
- • Superior Rooms are sea-facing rooms with balconies;
- • Classic Rooms are spacious sea-view rooms;
- • Deluxe Rooms are charming heritage-chic rooms with private sit-outs leading directly to the beach;
- • Junior Suites are replete with luxurious sleeping and sitting areas as well as balconies overlooking the sea;
- • Suites offer a large sitting/dining area, a separate bedroom and an exclusive garden area or private terrace or balconies with panoramic views.
- Standard (2 Adults + 2 Children): Rs.15000/- | Superior (2 Adults + 2 Children): Rs.16000/- | Classic (2 Adults + 2 Children) Rs.17000/- |
- Deluxe (2 Adults): Rs.17000/- | -Extra Person: Adult: Rs. 3000/-, Child: Rs 1750/-
- Junior Suites (2 Adults + 1 Child): Rs.19000/- | Family Suites (3 Adults OR 2 Adults + 2 Children): Rs.22000/- | Suites (2 Adults + 1 Child): Rs.25000/- | - Extra Person: Adult: Rs.4000/-; Child: Rs. 2000/-
- Rates are subject to change without prior intimation.
- Please contact the resort for rates. Email HERE>>
- Cidade de Goa offers 5 restaurants and 2 bars (listed below), conference and event hosting, a casino, a health club, an Ayurvedic spa, and numerous activities on its premises (detailed in column on the right).
- THE RESTAURANTS & CAFE
- • ALFAMA (7:30pm - 11:00pm), the Chef’s Signature Restaurant, inspired by Lisbon's "Alfama" bohemian quarter and the recipient of the Times Food Guide Awards in 2010, 2011 and 2012 for "Best World Cuisine Goa", offers a contemporary fine dining experience and musicians serenading diners at their tables.
- • CAFÉ AZUL (7:00am - 11:00pm), a Mediterranean-feel poolside restaurant offering cuisines from around the world, including their signature wood-fired pizzas.
- • LARANJA (7:00am - 10:30am; 12:30pm - 3:00pm; 7:30pm - 11:00pm): renowned for its multi-cuisine buffet as well as an a la carte seafood specialities menu.
- • BARBEQUE (Seasonal: October/November - April/May: 7:30pm - 11:00pm; except Fridays) won the 2012 Times food award winner for "Best grills and Barbeque". Select your choice of meats and seafood, and have it grilled to your liking.
- • DOÇARIA (24hrs): A coffee shop, beverage counter, cake shop, games centre, snack bar, dessert lounge with a late night menu!
- • BAR LATINO (Seasonal: October/November – April/May 11:00am - 12:00 midnight): A poolside open-air bar with its signature flag service available from 11:00am - 5:00pm.
- • TAVERNA (11:00am - 12:00 midnight): The lobby bar is the winner of the best bar with live band (jazz/retro) 2012 Times Night Life Award.
- Opened in 1982 as a 100 room hotel, Cidade de Goa is ideally located on a palm fringed beach in North Goa. The resort derives its name from the Portuguese words 'City of Goa'.
- Cidade is the creation of one of India’s most celebrated architects, Goan native, Charles Correa. Correa drew his inspiration for the resort’s design from Goa's historical past, where, for more than four centuries the Portuguese interacted with the prevalent Hindu culture and architecture.
- Evoking the complex nuances of the Hindu-Portuguese cultural interplays, Cidade de Goa blends together influences of Goa’s unique history, and Correa's inimitable style of contemporary elegance and timeless romance.